Statistics show that every third marriage contracted in Switzerland is a binational union.
If we add those who married abroad and live in our country, the number of couples having different nationalities is significantly higher. These couples often face a range of legal, cultural, social and religious obstacles. With our expertise in family and immigration law, we can assist them in managing administrative affairs.
We listen and advise before marriage or when organising a life together - but also when organising a separate family life.
ISS Switzerland is part of the Association of Counselling Agencies for Binational and Intercultural Couples and Families Switzerland. The network offers advice to binational couples and intercultural families on all aspects related to the topic.
- Marriage formalities in Switzerland
- Legal consequences of marriage and Swiss family law
- Residence requirements of the foreign spouse in Switzerland
- Swiss citizenship for the foreign spouse
- Cohabitation, recognition and legal status of children born out of wedlock
- Separation/divorce and legal consequences